Benefits to You as a Yoga Student
• More advanced yoga practice
• In depth knowledge of better health and well-being
• Fundamental understanding of yoga anatomy and physiology
• Better understanding of the history and philosophy of yoga
• Greater comprehension of proper alignment in Asanas (yoga postures)
• How to create and sustain a personal practice
• How to guide students through a sequence of Asanas
• How to integrate Pranayama (breath) with Asanas
• How to design a sequence of postures which flow properly
• How to teach the yoga80 SET Sequence
Lead Instructor Reegan E-RYT: Educational Background
• 100-Hour Teacher Training (1999 Vitality Massage School, S.D.)
• 500-Hour Teacher Training (2000 Bikram College of Yoga, L.A.)
• 500-Hour Re-Certification (2007 Bikram College of Yoga, L.A.)
• 500-Hour Teacher Training (2011 Dharma yoga Center, N.Y.)
• 800-Hour Teacher Training (2012 Dharma yoga Center, N.Y.)
• Iyengar Teacher Training (2013 through 2016, S.D.)
Teaching Faculty Pamela Minix RTSm, Brandi Gutierrez E-RYT 200, RYT 500, Jackie Bergeron E-RYT 200, Naoko Tatematsu E-RYT 200, Robert Pastor E-RYT 200, Jesse Macchio E-RYT 200, RYT 500
• Yoga Nidra
• Yoga Philosophy
• Yoga Diet
• Subtle Energy
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Thai Yoga Massage
• Asanas: 608 Yoga Poses – Dharma Mittra
• Hatha Yoga Pardipika- translation by Swami Muktibodhananda
• Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Book – B.K.S. Iyengar
• The Iyengar Way – Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
• The Tree of Yoga – B.K.S. Iyengar
• Light on Yoga – B.K.S. Iyengar
Your Education Will Include
How to properly move through Surya Namaskara A and B. Learn the different styles and schools of thought on how to properly move through sun salutations A and B. Discussion will focus on linking movement with breath.
How to teach the yoga80 SET Sequence. Traditionally, yogis learn a consistent sequence which is repeated daily. Discussion will focus on body mechanics, adjustments, modifications, why this sequence has order to it and how to teach the SET (attend 20 yoga80 SET Sequence classes taught by Reegan).
Anatomy and Physiology. Asana class followed by Yoga Nidra will tie together the subtle body with the gross anatomy and physiology. Specifically addressed poses include Mountain Pose, Downdog, Updog, Plank, Knees Chest Chin, Four/Limbed Staff, Triangle, Extended Side Angle, Twists, Backbends, Forward Bends, One Legged Balancing and Warrior Poses.
The Fundamentals including Bhandas, Pranayama, Meditation and the Subtle Body An in-depth examination of breath, bhandas, meditation, nadis, chakras and koshas. Discussion will focus on specific techniques, styles of breathing, meditation and an overview of the energy bodies.
Yogic diet. We will explore a yogic diet with discussion on Rajasic, Sattvic and Tamasic Foods. During the training we encourage a vegan diet on Tuesdays and students will be introduced to vegan snacks and recipes.
Teaching Practicum. Students will observe, assist and teach. 10-hours spent observing, 6-hours assisting and 7-hours teaching must be completed. Students will teach mock classes to fellow trainees and instructors. Written and verbal feedback will be provided by instructors.
Karma Yoga. Volunteer time at the studio cleaning, sign-in and etc.
Minimum content hours as determined by Yoga Alliance:
• Techniques Training/Practice – 100 hours
• Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
• Anatomy and Physiology – 20 hours
• Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 30 hours
• Teaching Practicum – 25 hours
• Total – 200 hours
Course: 8-Weekend in 8-Months
• Friday 6:00 – 10:00 pm
• Saturday 12:00 – 8:00 pm
• Sunday 12:00 – 8:00 pm
• $3,900.00 paid in full 21 days prior to start date
• $4,192.50 with payment plan to fit your budget
• Includes the cost of 20 SET Sequence classes
• Full price of tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable
• Tell a friend and receive a referral fee (760) 710-7360
• Questions: email@example.com
Set out on an adventure to expand your personal practice and if you desire, walk away from the journey a yoga instructor. Over the 9 week course reshape your body, mind and inner being. Gain the tools to create a life-long yoga practice you can share with others. View all scheduled Teacher Training dates here.
When One is Established in Yoga, Teaching Becomes Just Another Aspect of Practice.