Ricky Tran is Back to Breathe and Float
October 19th, 8:30 – 10:30am
PRANAYAMA & BANDHAS: The 4th Step Towards Liberation
- Explore theory, practice and results of Pranayama
- Connect with the 3 Bandhas and Nauli Kriya
- Must have at least 6 months of Hatha Yoga experience
- Important to arrive on an empty stomach
Yoga is a breathing exercise. As a matter of fact, the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali gives more attention to Pranayama than Asana.
The well known commentator of Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Brahmananda states:
“haśca ṭhaśca haṭhau sūryācandrau tayoryogo haṭhayogaḥ yetena haṭha śabdavācyayoḥ sūryācandrākhyayoḥ prāṇāpānayoḥ aikhyalakṣaṇaḥ prāṇāyāmaḥ haṭhayoga iti haṭhayogasya lakṣaṇaṁ siddham| ”ha” and ”tha” is hatha”.
Surya and Chandra, their union is Hatha Yoga. By this word, Hatha, is meant Surya and Chandra, that is Prana and Apana, their union is meant. Pranayama is the definition of Hatha yoga and that is the conclusion.
[button link=”http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ws.asp?studioid=14065&stype=-8&sTG=23&sView=day&sDate=10/19/2013″ newwindow=”yes” type=”small” color=”green”]Buy [/button] $39.00
October 19th, 12:30 – 2:30pm
FOUNDATIONS OF FLIGHT
Being the first limb of Hatha Yoga, Asana is described first. It should be practiced for gaining steady posture, health and lightness of body. Hatha Yoga Pradipika 1.19
- Introduction with philosophy for practice and floating Vinyasa workshop
- Explore the importance of right breath and movement
- Learn a 20 minute daily routine that will build the strength and stamina to advance your arm balances
- End with an exploration of variations of arm balances, jump-throughs and jump-backs