Pranayama & Bandhas With Ricky Tran – 10/19/2013
October 19, 2013 8:30 – 10:30am
yoga80 Pranayama & Bandhas With Ricky Tran
PRANAYAMA & BANDHAS The 4th Step Towards Liberation
- Explore the theory, practice and results of Pranayama
- Explore the 3 Bandhas and Nauli Kriya
- Must have at least 6 months of Hatha Yoga experience
- Arrive on an empty stomach
Yoga is a breathing exercise. As a matter of fact, the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali gives more attention to Pranayama than Asana.
The well known commentator of Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Brahmananda states:
- haśca ṭhaśca haṭhau sūryācandrau tayoryogo haṭhayogaḥ yetena haṭha śabdavācyayoḥ sūryācandrākhyayoḥ prāṇāpānayoḥ aikhyalakṣaṇaḥ prāṇāyāmaḥ haṭhayoga iti haṭhayogasya lakṣaṇaṁ siddham| ”ha” and ”tha” is hatha.
- Surya and Chandra, their union is Hatha Yoga. By this word, Hatha, is meant Surya and Chandra, that is Prana and Apana, their union is meant. Pranayama is the definition of Hatha yoga and that is the conclusion.
[button link=”http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ws.asp?studioid=14065&stype=-8&sTG=23&sView=day&sTrn=100000074&sDate=10/19/2013″ newwindow=”yes” type=”small” color=”green”]Buy [/button] $39.00