Anatomy of Yoga
Anatomy with Reegan Lessie and Pamela Minix
- Yoga is not about touching your toes, but what you learn on the way down
- Explore the human body and how it is effected by your yoga practice
- Experience yoga and the effects each pose has on the anatomical system
- Learn how you can develop a thought process to adapt poses to specific body types
- Memorize basic anatomy
- Develop a deeper appreciation of your body
- Build communicative verbiage and knowledge which can help connect you with other professionals in the medical, health and fitness industry
- Learn what muscles, tendon and ligaments are being effected in each pose
- Understand signals of tightness, pain or weakness, and know what to do about it
What to Expect
- As yoga practitioners, we tend to Feel more than we Think. This anatomy course will utilize each sensory system to learn what’s going on under your skin.
- Find landmarks on a skeleton — with your eyes closed
- Have muscles drawn on your skin
- Watch each other hold poses as to discuss what is lengthening, where there might be imbalances, and how to improve positioning through anatomical cueing
Be ready to work your mind and body!
For RYT’s this workshop offers 5 Yoga Alliance credit hours for continuing education requirements
Yoga Alliance’s continuing education requirements are intended for teachers to enhance their knowledge and teaching skills through the ongoing study of yoga. RYTs and E-RYTs must submit continuing education hours every three years in order to maintain their registration with Yoga Alliance.