We Are Happy To Answer Your Questions
What is a Certified Yoga Acadamy?
yoga80 is a learning acadamy where students come to expand their yoga practices. Students can also study to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) by participating in the yoga80 Teacher Trainings.
Is this hot yoga?
yoga80 is a warm, 80° yoga studio. Hot yoga is typically 100-110°.
Why is the room heated?
- Enhances vasodilatation so that more blood is delivered to the muscles. This means that the capillaries that weave around the muscles respond to the heat by dilation. This brings more oxygen to the muscles and helps in the removal of waste products such as carbon dioxide and lactic acid.
- Allows oxygen in the blood to detach from the hemoglobin more easily. When blood passes through warm muscles, oxygen releases more easily from the hemoglobin. Blood passing through cold muscles release less oxygen.
- Speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
- Makes muscles more elastic, less susceptible to injury.
- Improves co-ordination.
- Reduces heart irregularities associated with sudden exercise.
- Burns fat more easily. Warmed muscles burn fat more easily than cold ones. Fat is released during stress. The stress of intense exercise causes a deluge of fatty acids into the blood stream. If you exercise with cold muscles, they can’t use the fatty acids and they end up in places where they aren’t wanted, such as in the lining of your arteries.
Note: Muscles aren’t the only beneficiaries of heat. Higher temperatures improve the function of the nervous system, meaning that messages are carried more rapidly to and from the brain or spinal cord. Warm muscles are more elastic and are less susceptible to injury. Warmer temperatures produce a fluid like stretch that allows greater range of motion. Cold muscles don’t absorb shock or impact as well and aren’t stretched as well so they get injured more readily. – Excerpt from “Smart Exercise” by Covert Bailey
What are the benefits of yoga?
- A more balanced mood
- Decreased pain
- Calmer mind
- Sharper focus
- Increased energy
- Improved athleticism
- Deeper flexibility
- Better sleep
- Weight loss
I am a beginner. Which class should I take?
You can attend all yoga80, 60 and 75 minute classes. Pay special Attention to the Y80 60/SET. This is a Set Sequence created for beginning students to easily judge progress from class to class.
The yoga80 90 minute class is challenging enough for intermediate and advanced students, but even beginning students are welcome as the instructor will offer alternatives to advanced poses.
Do I need to make a reservation?
yoga80 has a first come, first serve policy so there is no need to make a reservation. Make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early in order to secure a spot and fill out any necessary paperwork.
What should I bring?
Bring a yoga mat, large towel and water. If you don’t have a mat or towel, yoga80 will provide a yoga mat and a yogitoes towel for a rental fee of $2.00 each. There is also water and coconut water for sale.
What should I wear?
Very light clothing:
- Women: yoga pants, capris or shorts with a tank top or a snug t-shirt.
- Men: workout shorts, surf trunks or yoga pants with a tank top or a snug t-shirt.
Are there showers at the location?
Yes, yoga80 has a Men’s and Women’s locker facility for all members.
What about parking?
yoga80 Yoga80 has 3 parking areas. Please refer to the contact page.